An in-depth look at the role of internal customer satisfaction surveys in any successful organisation.
What Exactly is an Internal Customer Satisfaction Survey, and Why Should I Care?
An Internal Customer Satisfaction Survey simply measures how satisfied internal customers or staff are within a department or team. In particular this survey measures perceptions and impressions of internal service, be it communication, productivity and / or responsiveness. The survey can also be used to measure expectations of internal service – after all, if you’re not 100% certain of exactly what colleagues in the departments you service expect from you, you will have very little hope of ever truly satisfying their needs.
The survey can either be run on behalf of one specific department (eg. IT) to get very specific feedback on their performance, or it can be run to collect feedback on the performance of all internal services/departments.
The internal feedback survey is used by HR / Management / Marketing / Customer Service / Shared Services and / or Line Managers to draw out feedback from internal customers in order to benchmark internal customer satisfaction, to solicit suggestions for improvement, and try to identify trends related to performance.
Who is the survey typically sent to?
An internal customer is anyone who depends on someone else in the organisation in order to do their job. It typically covers the supply of information by one employee to another or any action that can support or serve external customers. For example: Technical Support / IT, Customer Service, Finance, Payroll, Legal, Marketing, Operations, Facilities, Training, Reception and / or Administration.
Why Run an Internal Customer Satisfaction Survey?
Internal customer satisfaction is a much neglected component of customer satisfaction and quality improvement, as the main focus is traditionally external customer satisfaction. Total customer satisfaction can only be obtained if everyone within the company or organisation works together to achieve the common objective, which means meeting the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers/staff.
The Benefits of an Internal Customer Satisfaction Survey Include:
- Measure satisfaction of internal customers and provide a quantitative baseline to compare results. Over time these results can be used to compare, benchmark, measure and spot long term trends, which in turn enables fact-based decision making.
- Learn what strengths and weaknesses the organisation has in order to maximise the strengths and remedy the weaknesses.
- Measure the internal customer satisfaction to reinforce the company's service orientation, values and mission.
- Motivate staff as everyone pulls towards a common goal of excellent customer service both internally and externally. Eg. An internal satisfaction target may be set that all departments strive to.
- Reward and recognise staff as areas / teams and / or individuals who have performed well are recognised and rewarded publicly.
- Assist to direct training spend into much needed areas by identifying the areas where areas / teams and / or individuals have not performed well.
Why not take a pro-active measure and get your Internal Customer Satisfaction Survey up and running now!
an Australian-built online staff survey tool:
is an Australian built online feedback and survey
tool used extensively by Australian and New Zealand
based organisations to conduct online employee
and customer surveys. The tool can also be used
by companies to conduct cost effective staff climate
surveys, training needs analysis surveys, exit
interviews, 'new starter' feedback, 'stay' surveys
and a wide range of customer-related surveys.
Please complete the
form below to arrange your FREE custom-branded
internal customer satisfaction survey demonstration and a PeoplePulse
pricing and information sheet.
completing the form below, a PeoplePulse representative
will contact you to discuss your needs and current
situation. From there we will set up your demo
and arrange a suitable time to show the system
be assured that your correspondence with us is confidential.
We will not divulge email addresses or any other details
you provide to outside sources.
The above demonstration request form was powered by